Bikin hidupmu Fun!

Bikin hidupmu Fun!
Fulfill your dream
Powered By Blogger

Enjoy Life ^^

I love to spend most of my times in quiet, with my beloved ones..

Most of all, I love my family and my surroundings.
And you are one of it, my friend :)

Happy reading :)

18.3.10

Book editing

Few times ago I bought some books (on line shop).
They were all children's book, the story of Robin Hood, Alice etc., in the translation edition (yes, I am Indonesian).

The books are not the problem. The cover lay out were nice although they weren't published by a well known local publisher.

What became my interest is, when I read it, I don't understand the flow of the story.., so I went further.. and.. tada! I'm going from "don't understand" into "completely lost".. and what I am thinking is, if I am not good enough to understand this book, how could the children? (provided these books are supposed for children??)
But then I read it as english in my mind, and I can tell that the translation in some points were mistaken. So, within 1.5 hours waiting for the dentist in the hospital I can edit 1/2 of the book! And I can conclude that the translation is a bit messy and awful..

This (in the other side), give me an idea, what if i become a book editor? but again, i don't want this to become my main job, i would prefer to do it as a side job. The thing is I don't have any background or specification for it. But I believe "practise makes perfect" though :D

So.. anyone wants to hire me? :D

2 comments: